I decided to make a skeleton key maquette for reference. These are in progress photos. Stuck a piece of an old drum stick in it for stability. Damaged it in the process but fixed it up. Made some changes to it and will probably mess with it a bit more before hardening it in the oven, possibly painting it and then photographing it for reference.
It's hard for me to remember to post stuff on my own blog sometimes with facebook and with what's been happening in my life. I won a contest with three other artists and here is the display on the A&R music bar downtown. It went up last September and I finally saw it while I was walking to a concert next door so I took a couple photos. It will be taken down next month. Some more details about it all here!