Monday, July 26, 2010

New Sketch & Adjustments

This is one of a couple small sketches I worked out a few days ago until 4-ish AM!?! I'm in the process of figuring out the final on canvas before the painting begins.
After some much needed critiquing from my friend, I'm planning on adjusting the panther piece. I'm working out the girl with the dragon and I just finished correcting some issues on my new piece on canvas, 24" X 36".I spent around 6 hours just on the drawing alone and several on sketching the idea with many more steps in the process before painting. Being an artist is time consuming. Being a Father to a new baby girl definitely is as well but it's an amazing experience. It's a challenge balancing both but a beautiful one at that. Does anyone else want 50 hours in a day instead of 24? :) Considering it's 2 am, I wouldn't mind having a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment