Sunday, March 13, 2011
This is an unfinished portion of my current piece. On the left is the initial drawing. As you can see from the image on the right it went through a few changes. I constructed the crude maquette after completing the drawing which is my usual process. Inspired by my model I decided to paint over the existing drawing, making the dragon's helmet appear more powerful. Obviously I wouldn't be making changes without permission to do so if this was for a client but considering that it's a personal portfolio piece, I went with the flow. The complete painting will be up on the blog this month.