Monday, March 25, 2013

Exhale 8" x 10" Acrylic/Oil

I finished this piece for Jon Schindehette's "Dragon World" Challenge. After looking at it online a few days back with fresh eyes, I realized that some small areas aren't matching up to the original piece. I'm going to fix it later in case I decide to make prints, etc. I spent a lot of time creating a crude dragon maquette in separate pieces and working out reference photos which gave me little time to paint but it helped. I also had to photograph the painting myself with a new camera. This is my first piece photographed with it. It was time consuming and I only had a couple cheap lamps but it did the job. I managed to pull it all off and get it sent in before the deadline. I may post about photographing it in the future? Big thanks to Jon, all of the judges and artists! Congrats to the winners! You can see the results on Jon's blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment