Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tiger head study

The rough drawing ready for paint.
Kept it simple and used acrylic black, white, blue, red and yellow. from this chaotic mess came what you see below.

I wanted to experiment and try some loose brush strokes and take a break from my usual tight stuff. I thought my signature wouldn't work here so I signed it with a simple S. It's 6" x 6". Each year I do a piece that gets made into a quilt with pieces from other artists for the Illuxcon Scolarship donation. The quilt gets auctioned off on ebay along with several other donated items and the money helps the scholarship winners. 

I achieved my goal. When the brush strokes just happen without over thinking, when it feels free, that's when special things start to appear. There are some things I'd like to change looking back but I'm moving forward. I may do a series of small, even more stylized tiger head studies in the future? It was fun to loosen up a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment