Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Two pieces still in progress

Some quick photos for you(nothing is finished). This is my first time painting oil over acrylic. So far I like it. I decided to use gesso to create a texture on the border. I worked on the face today. Some of the color variations get lost in the close up pic. I still have a long way to go before I frame this piece. I can't wait to donate it to the breast cancer fundraiser. http://beautifulgrim.org/info.html

I made a very ugly maquette of the Fox out of clay and an inexpensive stuffed puppy I purchased at a thrift store. Took some quick photos to post. It's good reference, mainly for how light affects the fur. The background and everything else is far from being done but it's getting there. I now have a one armed, creepy fox maquette in my studio? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment